There will be new work packs available on Monday 18th January 2021 and Wednesday 24th February 2021, to be collected from main reception. Details about when new work packs will be available, will be displayed on the website shortly.
Timings for Microsoft Teams Online Remote Learning Provision for ALL STUDENTS:
- Students get ready for Online Learning and prepare to be ready for their lessons – 08:35-09:00.
- All students need to attend registration/form time on Microsoft Teams every Monday, Wednesday and Friday – 08.40-09.00.
- Lesson 1 – 09.00-10.00
- Lesson 2 – 10.00-11.00
- Lesson 3 – 11.00-12.00
- LUNCH – 12.00-12.30
- Lesson 4 – 12.30-13.30
- Lesson 5 – 13.30-14.30
- End of the Day – 14.30
Online Remote Learning Provision will either see students having a LIVE LESSON, PRE-RECORDED LESSON or an INDEPENDENT STUDY LESSON, WHERE THEY WILL COMPLETE SET SUBJECT WORK IN THEIR CLASSES TEAMS FILES SECTION.
Students will be set five subject assignments every day to complete on Microsoft Teams. There will be one assignment for every lesson that students would have during each particular day. Students will complete assignments either during particular lessons or outside of school hours. Students’ assignments can be found under the assignments section on Microsoft Teams. All students need to ensure that they complete and sucessfully ‘turn in’ all five assignments, by the end of every school day on Microsoft Teams.
Students who may have difficulties engaging with remote learning at home (for example due to a lack of devices or a quiet space to study) are eligible for a place in school. Saltley Academy have given out all the laptops that the Government have provided us for students who have a lack of devices. As a result, students who have difficulties engaging with remote learning at home and who have not been provided with a laptop from Saltley Academy, either can have a place in school to access their remote learning provision online or can be provided with a workpack, containing work for all of their subjects. It is Saltley Academy’s preference that these students attend school to access their remote learning provision online. Please email: email@example.com and a member of staff will contact you to discuss your child’s needs. For more information – please click here
- Blended Learning Policy FINAL
- Student Remote Learning Agreement – January 2021 updated version
- Parent Remote Learning from Home Guide January 2021-present
- Student Teams Access Training SALTLEY ENGLISH
- Student Teams Access Training SALTLEY ROMANIAN
- How to access Microsoft Teams on X Box and Play Station
- Oak National Academy Online Lessons:https://www.thenational.academy/
- Do you need data? – Click here to get help from the Government and mobile companies with internet access and data.
- Episode 1 – Logging into Microsoft Teams
- Episode 2 – The different features of Microsoft Teams on the left-hand toolbar
- Episode 3 – Entering a Live Lesson on Microsoft Teams
- Episode 4 – The different features of Microsoft Teams in a Live Lesson
- Episode 5 – Different types of lessons students will do on Microsoft Teams
- Episode 6 – Completing and Submitting Assignments on Microsoft Teams
Year Group Subject Overviews and Work Packs
Keeping Fit During Remote Learning:
- Join Joe Wicks on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am to complete his Body Coach Home Workout sessions. These can also be completed along with a number of other workout videos, at any other time — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Oti Mabuse from Strictly Come Dancing and The Greatest Dancer is doing a dance lesson every day live streaming on YouTube and other social media platforms at 11:30. They are all themed on children’s Disney and Pixar movies. They can also be watched again at any other time – https://www.youtube.com/
BBC Lockdown Learning:
- BBC I Player Lockdown Learning – Click here for resources and programmes to support learners, teachers and parents during lockdown, designed for all different ages. Click the Bitesize 11-12, 12-13 and 13-14 section for secondary resources – https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p093cv85
- BBC Bitesize have lots of online learning resources – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- Information about the BBC’s remote learning provision for students on TV, BBC I Player and Bitesize – https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55552962 https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/55552432
Additional Useful Resources for Pupils:
- The first edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica is available from The National Library of Scotland – https://digital.nls.uk/encyclopaedia-britannica/archive/14413390
- Explore ten of the world’s best virtual museums and art galleries on a tour – https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/mar/23/10-of-the-worlds-best-virtual-museum-and-art-gallery-tours utm_source=The%20Historical%20Association&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11442194_General%20News%20April%202020&dm_i=5NT,6T8UQ,RL3UL8,R9YML,1
- Explore 75 other virtual museums and gallery tours –https://upgradedpoints.com/best-virtual-museum-tours/
- Follow this link to Urdu Pod to learn new Urdu words and phrases every day – https://www.urdupod101.com/
Additional Useful Resources for Parents:
- Please follow this link to https://parentinfo.org/ for some excellent and up to date advice on a wide range of topics.
- Do you as a parent or carer feel anxious and need somebody to talk about how best to support your child? Download the North Parent Telephone Support Line PDF Advert about an Educational Psychologist telephone helpline for parents and carers. Please click the link for further support (Telephone-Support-Line-Advert).
- Information on Keeping Children Safe online’ – please click here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-keeping-children-safe-online.
- Follow this link for support and guidance on parenting through the COVID-19 lockdown – https://www.covid19parenting.com/englishtips
- Government guidance on free online education resources – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/get-help-with-remote-education
- The government website for developing specific PE skills is available here – https://theskillstoolkitaign.camp.gov.uk/
- Register for a FREE weekly ‘chill and chat’ webinar hosted by Gro-Organics to support parents –https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gro-organics-chill-and-chat-tickets-107801763978?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing
- Register for a free webinar to support parents provided by Forward Thinking Birmingham – Download the Forward Thinking PDF for more information – Forward Thinking Birmingham
- Online talks with diverse models on the Break the Glass virtual series – http://www.nazlegacy.org/index.php/new-virtual-series-break-the-glass/
Oak National Academy also has lots of free video lessons, resources and activities, covering most subjects, that can assist students with their remote learning.