Parents/Carers – As of Monday 20th April, there will continue to be no secondary provision offered within Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust, due to a lack of demand. During the COVID-19 Pandemic, key workers and parents/carers of vulnerable children who require a school supervision during this time should contact your individual child’s Academy, giving 24 hours’ notice. For Saltley Academy students, the contact email address will be: firstname.lastname@example.org. This provision will be at Gossey Lane, Kitts Green, Birmingham, B33 0DS. A member of staff from our secondary academies would accompany any secondary child attending. If you intend to send a primary aged child to either Brownmead, Gossey Lane or Topcliffe, please inform your child’s home academy.
Important information for parents receiving
FREE SCHOOL MEALS vouchers:
The New Government Scheme issuing Free School Meals vouchers is now active and all of the families who have provided an email address should have received a voucher today to the email address provided to the school. If you have not yet provided an email address, (we still have email addresses missing and we have tried to contact you), please do so as a matter of urgency. The postal vouchers have now stopped.
If you think you are legible for free school meals, please click on this link or notify us by sending an email to: email@example.com
Thank you for your patience.
Important information for all GCSE, AS and A Level students and parents:
The Government has made an announcement about how GCSEs will be awarded this summer.
- Please click here to read the letter to all GCSE, AS and A Level students from the Chief Regulator of Ofqual, Sally Collier.
- Please click here to watch this short film from Ofqual.
Please follow Government advice in terms of isolating any household where symptoms of a new persistent cough, or high temperature are present in any member of the household.
Saltley Academy is following all nationally recommended advice to protect children and staff.
We will keep parents and carers informed via this website and by text about any further actions.We would recommend you look at the following sources of information to keep yourself informed of the latest developments and advice:
The NHS website: www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
The Government website for:
- Information: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- Response and advice: www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- Information about the closure of schools and childcare settings: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/closure-of-educational-settings-information-for-parents-and-carers/closure-of-educational-settings-information-for-parents-and-carers
- Parent advice on looking after children during school closure