Washwood Heath Academy is a member of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust.
The MAT governance structure consists of Members and Trustees. The Board of Trustees are responsible for:
- Agreeing the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the Trust.
- Holding Trust and academy leaders to account.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Trust.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust Trustees are:
Mr Graham Parker – Board Chair
Mr David Hawker – Vice Board Chair
Mr Clive Bailey – Safeguarding Trustee
Miss Keshia Hamilton – SEND Trustee
Ms Joan Low
Mr Hetal Parmer
Mr James Keen
Mrs Frieza Mahmood
Ms Sam Smith
The Board has four Board committees:
Audit Risk and Compliance Committee
- appoint external and internal auditors
- review the risks to the Trust
- securing value for money
Education Standards Committee
- monitor the progress of all young people
- monitor the quality of teaching and learning
- monitor safeguarding and attendance processes
Finance & Wellbeing Committee
- monitor the Trust budget
- monitor the academy sites in relation to maintenance and repairs
- ensure academies have the appropriate IT provision
- monitor staff recruitment, retention and wellbeing
Pay & Progression Committee
- monitor the performance of staff
The Board have implemented a new model for local academy oversight. These are to be known as advocates (previously known as governors) They will:
- support the implementation of the Trust’s Strategy
- provide insight into the experience of young people, their parents/carers, staff and the community
- provide stakeholder feedback to the Board
Trust Advocates for Saltley Academy are:
Chair – Glen Alexander
Community – Jason Berry
Parent/carer – Vacancy
Staff – Vacancy
Young People – Angela Henry
For more information in relation to Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust Governance please click here.
If you wish to contact the Trust advocate chair, you can email them on: email@example.com
Or write to the Trust advocate chair c/o Saltley Academy, Belchers Lane, Birmingham B9 5RX
If you are interested in supporting the academy as an Advocate please complete an Expression of Interest form, which will be received by the Company Secretary who will pass information to the Head of Academy for consideration.